Supervisor Safety Awareness
Course Duration - 3 Hours
Who Should Take This Course
This course is mandatory for every supervisor in Ontario.
On July 1st, 2014, a new regulation by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development came into force. The Government of Ontario has mandated that all supervisors in Ontario complete health and safety awareness training. This regulation is under Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). The OHSA is working to ensure that all workers are kept safe from any possible injuries that could occur in the workplace.
The consequences of poor supervision are accidents and injuries, reduced employee morale, reduced production, MLTSD orders, and charges under the OHSA and/or Criminal Code. To prevent this, a good supervisor will check in on employees often, make sure safety standards are maintained, ensure employees know where to receive help and provide new training for every new task.
A test for each participant will be given at the end of the course. All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
- Rights and Responsibilities of workers, supervisors under the OHSA
- Knowledge on the Roles of MOL, WSIB, and Various Health & Safety Partners
- Understanding of the Various Regulations
- Potential Violations and Fines
- How to Recognize, Assess and Control Hazards
- Ensuring worker safety
- How to plan safe work
- How to handle problems
- Knowledge on Emergency Procedures